Tahoe West Shore Feature
Looking for a quiet and beautiful place to own a home in Lake Tahoe?
South of Tahoe City, but north of Emerald Bay lies one of the quieter and prestigious regions of Lake Tahoe. Known as the West Shore (or the best shore, depending on who you ask) this area encompasses numerous older, private communities and estates and is one of the most exclusive areas on the lake. Many of the homes in this region maintain the rustic mountain cabin aesthetic Lake Tahoe is known for. The area is peppered with state parks, hiking trails, beaches, and more. Read on for some of our favorite aspects of Lake Tahoe’s West Shore!
- Spend a weekend exploring the West Shore and you’ll understand why it’s known as a magical area. It features the right mix of natural beauty, local Tahoe history, and the abundant outdoor activities you’d come to expect. From rides on sleek wooden boats, to walking miles of pine-covered paths, you’ll be enjoying a Lake Tahoe that's off the beaten path.
- If you want to explore, West Shore is just a few minutes drive north from Emerald Bay and close to Vikingsholm Castle. Nearby is the equally stunning natural wonder of Eagle Falls, perfect for a day hike if you snag early morning parking. For those looking for a grander adventure (or just a longer day trip) there’s an entry point to the Desolation Wilderness.
- Spending your summer anywhere in Lake Tahoe is a treat, but summertime on the West Shore is unbeatable. Whether your interests include hiking, biking, or just relaxing on uncrowded beaches, you can do it here. And if you’re looking for privacy, late Spring and early Fall seasons are just as nice, but even less crowded.
- If winter is more your style, West Shore makes a great base of operations for your favorite outdoor activities. Avoid the crowds while you hit the slopes at Homewood Mountain Resort or Alpine Meadows. With plenty of cross-country trails out your back door, you can make the most those getaway weekends.
- West Shore homes and communities are a mix of mountain cabins, lakefront luxury, and historic grand estates. This variety makes it an ideal site for your second home. The region boasts some of the most desirable communities in all of Lake Tahoe and many feature waterfront amenities.
When you’re ready to start looking for that perfect second home in the West Shore area of Lake Tahoe, contact us at Classic Tahoe Properties.